Jim & Kathy Orr
It’s easy to say someone did a great job but in your business, we think it’s important to explain why. We have sold houses in six states so we have a little experience with realtors, markets and practices. In fact, we sold two houses ourselves several years ago. Mike MacGuire is by far the best realtor we have ever worked with. You, Missy, and t...
Jim & Kathy Orr
It’s easy to say someone did a great job but in your business, we think it’s important to explain why. We have sold houses in six states so we have a little experience with realtors, markets and practices. In fact, we sold two houses ourselves several years ago. Mike MacGuire is by far the best realtor we have ever worked with. You, Missy, and the team are exceptional. Why? Not only were you honest, forthright, and very knowledgeable, but you stepped forward and did the work.
Here is how you differentiate yourselves from others in the business.
1. After you completed your initial inspection of our home you suggested meeting at your offices a few days later to discuss your thoughts and findings. We were skeptical and prepared for a high-pressure sales pitch on your turf. It never happened. Instead, you and Missy presented a wealth of information and options for us to consider before we put the house up for sale. We were never pressured, asked to make a decision or sign a contract at the time.
2. Strategy - You worked with us to develop a selling strategy (price, presentation, dealing with multiple offers, etc.). Your method for comping our house resulted in it being listed at 75K-95K more than what we expected at the time.
3. Professional Photography - Platinum absorbed the cost of using a professional photographer to include drone footage. Though we had verbally agreed to work with Platinum, all photography was completed before we ever signed a contract.
4. Contract - Platinum protected us as sellers to the extent possible by ensuring we would only be responsible for major mechanical, structural and safety issues found in an inspection. No need to worry about all the little stuff.
5. Staging & Cleaning - Though our home did not require it, Platinum absorbs the cost of staging and cleaning of the house prior to showings.
6. Storage & Moving - Though we did not use the service, Platinum offers minor storage and moving assistance at no additional cost.
7. Communication - Exceptional! You and Missy are proactive and whenever we called you either answered immediately or returned our calls/text messages in very short order. This is even more impressive when one considers the large operation you run.
8. Sale - We received a solid offer on the house within 24 hours of the first showing. Rather than immediately accept it, you suggested that the prospective buyer look at the house again to make sure they were fully committed. Some people may argue there is risk involved in this approach. From your perspective, we had several more showings and an open house scheduled and you did not want to interrupt that pipeline if the buyer was not serious. It worked, the buyer committed, and the additional showings were cancelled.
9. Appraisal - The sale price of the house established new heights for the area and justifiably so. However, you made it a point to meet the appraiser, so they understood how you comped the house. Very similar to what you did for us in the beginning. Your efforts were a benefit to both us and the buyer.
10. Inspection - Two minor issues were raised during the inspection. One was actually disclosed and fixed prior to the inspection. You had us take video of the fix and it was easily resolved. The other issue required an inspection by the city and a minor modification by a plumber. The time
between the sale and closing was tight and would have been difficult for us as homeowners to find people to apply the fix and get the city to inspect it. Your network and extended team made this happen in just a couple days.
Mike MacGuire and The Platinum Group is exceptional and represents what every realtor/broker should aspire to.
Thanks again to you and your team,